There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID year announcements to recruiting rumors and coaching news, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
That’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
- Utah associate head coach Carly Dockendorf was featured on a podcast where she spoke about a variety of NCAA gymnastics topics, including some coaching tips on her pet event — beam.
NIL Brand Deals
- Meta announced its NIL Empower 2.0 program, which includes female athletes across college athletics. Ohio State’s Zoe Schweitzer and Lexi Edwards, Michigan’s Sierra Brooks and Florida’s Leah Clapper are the gymnasts on the roster.
- UCLA fifth-year Margzetta Frazier has partnered with nationwide retailer CVS.
- Lindenwood transfer and Washington fifth-year Hadley Roberts recently signed with Hawker Family Sports and Entertainment, a popular NIL agency for NCAA gymnasts.
- Penn’s Rose Debarbarie was seen training a Yurchenko one and a half on Instagram. Rising freshman Marissa Lassiter is also training a Yurchenko one and a half. Watch out for the Penn vault team this season! After breaking so many records in 2022, it looks like the Quakers are looking for more.
- Kentucky super senior Arianna Patterson was spotted training bars. Patterson has been a mainstay on vault and beam and occasional contributor on floor but has never competed bars for the Wildcats.
- Florida fan favorite Morgan Hurd, who missed her freshman season due to a knee injury, is back in action, showing off a double layout on the rod floor.
- Arkansas redshirt freshman Frankie Price has resumed training after sitting out last season with a knee injury.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: September 5
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!