There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID year announcements to recruiting rumors and coaching news, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
That’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
- Former UW-Lacrosse assistant coach Robyn Magee was added to the N.C. State coaching staff as volunteer assistant coach.
NIL Brand Deals
- Illinois State freshman Nirel Bart-Williams collaborated with Halie & Co. to make a candle inspired by the women in history who paved the way for successful women today.
- North Carolina senior Elizabeth Culton was featured in North Carolina’s instagram story training a Liukin on beam.
- Lindenwood rising junior Savannah Newsome is back to training beam and floor for the first time since missing the 2022 season due to an ACL injury.
- Rising sophomore Alana Laster was seen training a front double full to punch front floor combination on Illinois State’s Instagram.
- Rising Iowa State sophomore Hannah Loyim posted a training clip of a gainer full dismount off the side of the beam to her Instagram story.
- Denver’s Instagram story showed rising junior Rosie Casali working a Rudi to layout step-out tumbling pass on floor and rising sophomore Momoko Iwai training bars after not competing the event for the Pioneers in 2022.
- California posted some training videos on its Instagram story showing a few upgrades and notable skills from the Golden Bears. Sophomore Madelyn Williams is working on a new back handspring to gainer full beam dismount while classmate Mya Lauzon is also training a new beam dismount — a side aerial to layout one and a half. Freshman eMjae Frazier also vaulted a Yurchenko double onto a mat in the pit.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: August 29
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!