There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
D-D Breaux Announces Retirement
D-D Breaux has retired after 43 years at LSU, effective immediately. Co-head coach Jay Clark will take over the program. Breaux leaves the Tigers as the longest-tenured coach in any sport in the history of the SEC.
Other Newsworthy Items
- Former Michigan State head coach Kathie Klages was sentenced to 90 days in jail followed by probation for lying to police during the Nassar investigation.
- Incoming UCLA freshman Ana Padurariu was interviewed in a podcast this week where she revealed that she will undergo foot surgery in the coming weeks. The future Bruin did say she still intends on competing for UCLA in the 2021 season.
- Former Minnesota gymnast Kaitlyn Higgins announced her transfer to Nebraska.
- Incoming Michigan freshman Carly Bauman is adding to her bag of beam tricks, showing a new double turn (0:59) and a wolf jump to front tuck (1:06) in this Chow’s summer training montage.
- Illinois newcomer Abby Mueller posted a beat jump + front toss + wolf jump mixed series on beam to her Instagram Story.
- Southern Utah senior Molly Jozwiakowski started training Randis this week and documented her progress on her Instagram Story. Her first video can be found here. Later in the week she moved it from the raised surface to a floor-level soft landing.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: July 27
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!