There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
Maggie O’Hara Transfers to Arkansas
The 2020 Michigan graduate will use her fifth year of eligibility in Fayetteville. She competed sporadically on bars and beam for the Wolverines but has been seen training floor throughout college.
Julianna Weil Transfers to North Carolina
Maryland sophomore Julianna Weil is transferring to North Carolina, her mother announced on Instagram. She comes with four full years of eligibility after not competing her freshman season.
LSU Releases Full Schedule
Other Newsworthy Items
- Michigan gymnasts returned to campus this week, while LSU had its first practice on Wednesday.
- Southern Utah sophomore Kayla Horton announced via TikTok that she tested positive for COVID-19. Comments on the post imply there could be at least one more on the team.
- Minnesota incoming freshman Mya Hooten posted some exciting training updates to her Instagram Story this week: a double layout and a DTY. Neither were on a hard surface, but those are some upgrades we will be keeping an eye on.
- Oregon State incoming freshman Syndey Gonzales is training a side aerial to leg hold. It is a risky yet original skill.
- Junior Bailey Ferrer, who has recently transferred to Auburn, posted some training updates on her Instagram Story: a double Arabian on floor and a double layout off bars.
- Incoming Iowa freshman Karina McSweeny posted a full-in to her Instagram Story. She competed a front double full in 2020, so she’s coming to Iowa City with two E passes.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: June 22
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!