There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID year announcements to recruiting rumors and coaching news, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
That’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation, or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team, and fan, we have you covered.
- Oklahoma announced that recent alumna Olivia Trautman will be a student assistant coach for the 2024 season.
- Denver senior Rylie Mundell is training a front toss on beam. Fellow senior Jessica Hutchinson is training a full-twisting double layout dismount on bars.
- Clemson junior Eve Jackson is training a Yurchenko one and a half onto the resi.
- BYU sophomore Madison Raesly-Patton is training a Yurchenko full on pike off vault, potentially bringing her start value up to a 10.0.
- Utah State junior Dani Kirstine is training a front tuck through to round off double tuck pass on floor.
- Oklahoma started official practices this week. Redshirt sophomore Caitlin Smith is training beam after a shoulder surgery kept her out last season, while her classmate Faith Torrez is looking to upgrade her beam series to a side aerial connected to a layout, layout step out. Senior Sheridan Ramsey is working double fronts on floor and junior Danielle Sievers is training a new combination pass on floor, a front layout to front full through to a round off to a double stag jump. Junior Jordan Bowers is working a side somi on beam and classmate Amy Weir is upgrading her beam series to a back-handspring, back-handspring, layout step out.
- LSU’s Konnor McClain confirmed that she is training all four events and is planning to compete as an all-rounder for the Tigers.
READ THIS NEXT: Potential Lineups: GEC Part I
Article by the editors of College Gym News