There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID year announcements to recruiting rumors and coaching news, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
That’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation, or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team, and fan, we have you covered.
Sacramento State Fundraising for New Facility
The Hornets facility is estimated to be completed at the end of October, but funds are still needed to install new training equipment. You can find the fundraiser link here.
Other Newsworthy Items
- Five-star recruit and California commit Ondine Achampong will compete at the upcoming World Championships after making the Great Britain team.
- After previously announcing plans to defer, five-star UCLA recruit Sydney Barros will instead join the Bruins in January.
- Illinois State announced the addition of former West Virginia athlete Kendra Combs as an assistant coach.
- Towson freshman Brissa Portillo will be competing for Peru in the upcoming South American Championships.
- North Carolina freshman Camryn Rueda shared a training update on her back triple full on floor to soft mats on her Instagram story.
- Towson freshman Retoshia Halsell posted a clip of her sticking a full-twisting double layout bars dismount on her Instagram story.
READ THIS NEXT: Potential Lineups: Big Ten Part I
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year! [wpedon id=“13158”]