Name: Csenge Bácskay
Club: Kozponti Sport es Ifjusagi, Budapest
High School Graduation Year: 2022
Personal Bests | Elite
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise||All Around|
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise|
|2021 European Championships||2020 European Championships||2020 European Championships||2021 European Championships|
Bácskay is a Hungarian international elite. She competed at four European championships from 2018 to 2021 and made the vault final on three occasions. In 2019 she also competed at the Doha World Cup and in 2020 at the Szombathely World Challenge Cup, where she qualified to the vault, bars and beam finals. Bácskay is the 2021 national vault champion and the 2018 national floor champion.
What She Brings to Nebraska
- Skills: Yurchenko 1.5/Tsukahara full
- Results: 2018, 2020 and 2021 European championship finalist
- Margin of Improvement: Bácskay is more likely to bring her Yurchenko 1.5 to college. She can still work on her form a little bit, but it is already a powerful vault.
- Impact on the Team: Nebraska struggled on vault in 2021 after losing multiple Yurchenkos 1.5 at the end of the previous season. Bácskay’s 10.0 start value vault will make a big difference.
- Skills: Tkatchev, Pak salto, full pirouette, Maloney, double layout
- Results: third place at the 2021 Hungarian championships
- Margin of Improvement: This is Bácskay’s weakest apparatus. She will need to work on her form and especially on her handstands to be competitive in college.
- Impact on the Team: It is unlikely that Bácskay will be required to compete on bars, and her most recent routines would not score very well in college. She has potential if she cleans up her form, though.
- Skills: layout stepout mount, BHS + LOSO, switch leap to wolf jump, side somi, transverse leap jump half, side aerial, full turn, double turn dismount
- Results: third place at the 2019 Hungarian championships
- Margin of Improvement: Bácskay can be a bit shaky on beam, but her form is very good. She has only a slight knee bend on her acrobatic series.
- Impact on the Team: If Bácskay can keep her nerves at bay, she could become an important contributor to the Huskers.
- Skills: full-in, 2.5 twist to punch front, full twist to straddle jump
- Results: 2018 Hungarian national champion
- Margin of Improvement: Bácskay’s current routine composition wouldn’t work in the NCAA, but she has plenty of difficult elements with which to construct her collegiate set. She is a beautiful performer, too.
- Impact on the Team: Nebraska struggled a lot on floor in 2021 and will need all the help it can get in the years to come. Bácskay will be expected to contribute from the start.
READ THIS NEXT: Recruit Files: Ciena Alipio, UCLA
Article by Talitha Ilacqua
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year! [wpedon id=”13158″]