There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
WCGA Announces 2020-2021 Ambassadors
Recent graduates Maggie Nichols, Sophia Hyderally, Michaela Burton, Olivia Lubarsky, Denelle Pedrick, Jessica Yamzon and Tiara Wright, among many others, will be WCGA Ambassadors for the upcoming season.
Other Newsworthy Items
- Former Rutgers beam standout Makenzey Shank is returning to New Jersey as the Scarlet Knights’ volunteer assistant coach.
- Pittsburgh announced the addition of freshman Nay’yarrah Winder to the 2021 roster.
- Former Arizona State gymnast Anne Kuhm shared details of her experiences training as an elite level gymnast on her Instagram Story. Screenshots of the French Olympian’s accounts can be seen on Twitter.
- The Ivy League announced that it would be postponing fall sports. There’s no word yet on if or how this will affect gymnastics.
- Sports Illustrated released an article detailing Derek Galvin’s legacy over his 39 seasons at North Carolina. Galvin recently announced his retirement from coaching.
- Michigan State sophomore Linda Zivat is back to training after being out for a year with a broken foot. She is already tumbling and vaulting at a high level, including double layouts and a tsuk full.
- Natalie Wojick is playing with a double double, a skill we haven’t seen her do in college. She has occasionally added a full-in to her collegiate routine.
- New Hampshire rising senior Lauren Diggan is back doing basics on bars after tearing her Achilles in January.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: July 6
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!