During the offseason, it can be difficult to keep up with all the news and training updates happening across the country. So each week, we will provide a curation of the most exciting upgrades, as well as other important news happening in the college gym world. Note the majority of the training updates highlighted will feature new skills and not, for example, someone training their same routine from the past season.
Of course, even with eight editors scouring social media for clips, we’ll still miss updates from time to time. Let us know in the comments or on social media if we didn’t include a new skill, injury comeback or more from someone on your favorite team!
- Towson incoming freshman Lauren Bolen is training a full-in dismount on bars
- Georgia freshman Amanda Cashman is working a unique tumbling pass: a whip to back double full to stag jump to front tuck. Whew!
- Temple sophomore Ariana Castrence showed a double-twisting Yurchenko, an upgrade from her current one and a half.
- Alabama sophomore Griffin James is working a tucked full-in on floor. She did not compete for the Crimson Tide in her first year.
- UCLA announced that Nicki Shapiro, a member of the team in 2016, will be returning to compete this year. Shapiro resumed gymnastics training this summer after taking three years off.
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!