There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID year announcements to recruiting rumors and coaching news, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
That’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
NIL Brand Deals
- Utah gymnastics inked a team-wide NIL deal with Red Rock Pharmacy totaling $65,000.
- Iowa State junior Kaia Parker is training a Yurchenko one and a half per Iowa State’s TikTok. Fifth-year Madelyn Langkamp is working on a new leap connection on beam, a switch leap + switch leap. Langkamp did not compete for the Cyclones last year.
- Nebraska junior Martina Comin is training a Yurchenko one and a half.
- Oklahoma sophomore Caitin Kirkpatrick is working a cat leap + front toss + beat jump series on the beam.
- Penn State sophomore Jessica Johanson is training a Yurchenko one and a half.
- Nebraska sophomore Halle Rourke is training a front tuck through to double back to the resi.
- George Washington junior Kendall Whitman is training a new vault where she does a front handspring onto the board into a front tucked full off the table. Whitman has previously competed a similar vault that is named after herself that has the same approach but ends with a front layout half.
READ THIS NEXT: Last Week in College Gym: October 10
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year! [wpedon id=”13158″]