Name: Lillian Lewis
Club: San Mateo
High School Graduation Year: 2022
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise||All Around|
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise|
|2018 Auburn Elite Qualifier||2020 Long Beach Open||2020 Winter Invite||2020 Delta Classic|
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise||All Around||Rating|
*For more on our new Recruit Rating system, please take a look at our dedicated landing page.
Lewis is the 2018 level 10 national champion on the balance beam, as well as the bronze medalist in the all around (junior B). After completing her L10 season that year, she qualified elite, competing at the GK U.S. Classic. Lewis posted career highs on beam and floor in 2020.
What She Brings to Alabama
- Skill: Yurchenko full
- Results: tied second place at 2018 Region 1 regionals
- Margin of Improvement: Lewis’ vault has great extension and a beautifully straight position in the air. She will just need to work on sticking the landing. If she does, she will easily score over 9.900 in college. She is also working on a Yurchenko 1.5.
- Impact on the Team: Alabama’s lineup marries difficult vaults with well-executed Yurchenko fulls. Lewis will easily fall in the latter category, challenging for a spot from the start.
- Skills: piked Jaeger, Pak salto, double layout dismount
- Results: 2018 Region 1 champion
- Margin of Improvement: Lewis’ handstands are as straight as a pencil and her piked Jaeger is as good as it gets. She will want to work on consistency as it’s the only element that keeps her average score down.
- Impact on the Team: The Crimson Tide has a lot of talented bar workers, but if she can prove to be consistent, Lewis will be in contention for a lineup spot.
- Skills: full turn, front aerial, BHS + LOSO, switch leap to leap jump, side aerial, BHS + BH + double tuck dismount
- Results: 2018 L10 national champion (junior B)
- Margin of Improvement: Lewis has stunning form on beam. Her amplitude on her acrobatic elements is impressive and so are her split positions. She made all CGN editors agree to award her full marks for splits and presentation when rating her.
- Impact on the Team: This is Lewis’ best apparatus, and she will make an immediate impact on the Crimson Tide’s lineup. She and Luisa Blanco going back-to-back on beam will be spectacular. We hope that Lewis will continue Aja Sims’s and Shallon Olsen’s tradition of performing a double salto dismount.
- Skills: full-in, double Arabian, front layout to front full twist, double pike, double tuck
- Results: first place at the 2020 Delta Classic Invitational (career high)
- Margin of Improvement: Lewis’s form on floor is good, but she will need to work on her landings. As with bars, lack of consistency is what keeps her average floor score down. However, this year she has impressively increased her difficulty, competing two E tumbling passes. She is also training a huge double layout.
- Impact on the Team: Floor is Lewis’ biggest question mark. She is immensely talented, but she still has something to prove. Nevertheless, with those big skills and some further experience, she could even anchor Alabama’s lineup.
READ THIS NEXT: Recruit Files: AnnMarie Gonzalez, UC Davis
Article by Talitha Ilacqua
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year! [wpedon id=”13158″]