It’s the last LWICG of the year, which also means there’s only two weeks until the start of the 2020 season! Read up on those last minute training updates, intrasquads and coaching changes in this final installment, then go finish fiddling with your fantasy drafts and shoring up your streaming plans before meeting us back here on January 3 for college gymnastics.
- Cammie Topp, a junior at Illinois State, is landing a double layout to a competition surface, something she mentioned on her Instagram Story that she hasn’t done in “a long time.”
- Nebraska redshirt sophomore Kynsee Roby is training a piked full-in on floor. She previously competed a double pike to open her routine.
- Georgia held its First Look preview. Of note, sophomore Mikayla Magee showed her Yurchenko one and a half, freshman Amanda Cashman competed just two events (vault and bars) and senior Sabrina Vega debuted her first ever bars routine for the GymDogs. Check out our routine-by-routine live blog of the event here.
- Florida had eight gymnasts compete the all around at its intrasquad last week, including freshman Payton Richards. She debuted a Yurchenko one and a half on vault and a big double layout on floor. Senior Maegan Chant did not compete due to a “minor” hand injury, but every other gymnast on the roster competed at least one routine.
- Alabama held its Crimson & White Preview on December 18. There seemed to be few surprises, but senior Wynter Childers and freshman Mati Waligora competed on bars; both have been absent in training clips.
- Toni-Ann Williams was named assistant coach at Towson.
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!