Due to the nature of our Potential Lineups series, things happen after we publish each conference’s analysis. Gymnasts retire, freshmen don’t show up on rosters and unfortunate injuries occur. In an effort to stay as up-to-date as possible, we wanted to post one more article in the series to tie up loose ends before we finally get to the season.
- Mallory Mizuki has been featured on bars and beam, her first appearances in college after two ACL tears.
- Kaitlin Ewald looks like a lock for the bars lineup: Her Jaeger and Pak are competition-ready.
- Kasey Meeks (vault) tore her Achilles.
- Ariana Agrapides (vault, floor) and Maddie Kampschroeder (bars) were removed from the roster.
- We’ve only seen Tayler Osterhout on bars and beam during the Terps’ intrasquads. Classmate Alexa Rothenbuescher has only appeared on floor, and we’ve barely seen anything from Elizabeth Debarberie.
- Nikoletta Koulos has been featured in several bars clips and is looking extremely strong. She could challenge for a lineup spot.
- Ella Sirjord has been heavily featured in Gopher bars training clips.
- In intrasquad updates, we’ve seen Erin Fortman on bars and floor, and Katie Horak on floor. Both appear to be solid depth options.
- The Gophers will have four Yurchenko one and a halfs: Lexy Ramler, Ona Loper, Maddie Quarles and Mya Hooten have all competed the vault in intrasquads.
- Minnesota transfer Kaitlyn Higgins has started training vault again.
- Clara Colombo seems to be a viable beam option. She competed only bars last year with a beam exhibition.
- Elexis Edwards is tumbling again; she was limited to vault last year, with a bars exhibition.
- Logan Smith and Leah Smith (no relation) were removed from the roster.
- Tirzah Delph medically retired due to a back injury. She was listed as a potential contributor on bars.
- Kenadi Brown had surgery on Oct. 27.
- Freshman Madison Benson showed an upgraded bar routine at the Wolfpack’s December showcase. We initially had her as a potential contributor on vault, beam and floor, but it looks like the freshman is vying for an all around spot.
- Temple announced it would be joining the EAGL starting with the 2021 season.
- Junior Julianna Roland announced that she will be transferring to Temple from Bridgeport for the spring semester. She competed in the all around weekly for the Purple Knights, and we expect she will also contend on all four events at Temple.
- Sophomore Brianna Greenlow announced she would be transferring from William & Mary to North Carolina for the 2021 season. We expect her to contend on bars, beam and floor.
- Sixth-year Katrina Coca showed a Yurchenko full on vault at a fall intrasquad, making her a potential contributor on that event. She has not competed vault since her freshman year at Kentucky in 2016.
- Sophomore Rebecca Wells was recently seen in a boot. She was projected to potentially compete on vault, beam and floor.
- Anique Grenier, a junior newcomer, has been shown training bars. Head coach Amy Smith noted her as a likely competitor on the event.
- Freshmen Madison Courney and Taylor Raskin have both been shown training bars for the Wildcats. Arizona only returns two bar routines with national qualifying scores from a year ago.
- The Sun Devils posted a video giving insight into the vault lineup for the 2020 season, featuring Juliette Boyer vaulting a Yuchenko one and a half.
- Freshman Sarah Clark has been featured on Arizona State social media training bars and beam, joined by freshman Cassi Barbanente on bars.
- The vault lineup is starting to come together, per Instagram stories from California. Maya Bordas, Kyana George, Andrea Li and Nina Schank have all been vaulting Yurchenko fulls. Milan Clausi and Nevaeh DeSouza have been vaulting Yurchenko one and a halfs and Abigail Solari is vaulting a handspring front pike half.
- Elise Byun is reportedly working on a Tsuk full.
- Solari has also been seen training floor, including a double Arabian.
- Freshman Grace Johnson has emerged as a potential contributor on beam, with her candlestick mount and triple series featured on the Beavers’ social media recently.
- In preseason training footage, freshman Isabela Onyshko was seen working out on bars and beam while fellow Canadian and sophomore injury returner Jade Chrobok was shown performing vault timers.
- Freshman Frida Esparza made an appearance in UCLA’s most recent intrasquad floor lineup that the team posted on Instagram, as did sophomore Paige Hogan who did not see lineup action during the 2020 season.
- Freshman Lucy Stanhope was shown on every event in video from the Utes’ Thanksgiving intrasquad, with fellow freshman Alani Sabado performing on bars.
- Sophomore injury returnee Jaedyn Rucker was seen training vault, bars and floor.
- Washington has posted several Instagram stories of the freshmen training bars and beam. Lauren Thomas was seen training bars while Skylar Killough-Wilhelm, Taylor Russon and Gabi Wickman were all spotted on beam. Katie McNamara was featured training on both events.
- Sophomore Morgan Bowles, who did not compete in 2020, is training bars.
- Sophomore Ella Burgess will miss the 2021 season with what appears to be an Achilles injury. She was a consistent part of the vault and beam lineups in 2020 and was projected to add floor this season as well.
- Freshman Ellie Lazzari will likely compete in the all around, with recent training clips showing a Yurchenko one and a half vault, as well as a strong bar routine to complete her program.
- Freshman Krista Zultevicz will miss the 2021 season with what appears to be an Achilles injury. She was listed as a potential contributor on vault and floor.
- Senior Allison Snyder announced her medical retirement.
- Projected all arounder Helen Hu will be out for the 2021 season after injuring her ACL and meniscus in warmups at the team’s Black & Gold practice event.
- Another projected all arounder, Kyra Burns, showed no routines at the Black & Gold preview after showing routines at other intrasquads. She was seen with a sling on her arm there.
READ THIS NEXT: Potential Lineups: Big 12
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!