There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
Illinois Announces New Assistant Coach
Kelsea Kocan was named the new assistant coach for the Illini’s 2020-21 season.
- Gustavus sophomore Annie Corbett is training a full-in dismount off the uneven bars. Corbett was a strong all-arounder for the Gusties during her freshman season, but has room for growth on bars. This dismount could be a difference maker in her routine.
- La Crosse senior Faith Sersland is training a fun combo pass on floor of round-off + back one and a half + front layout half + punch front. Sersland was a staple in the Eagle’s floor lineup during the 2020 season.
- Oshkosh junior Rahdea Jarvis is training a Yurchenko one and a half to competition height. Her teammate Paige Mayhew is training a Yurchenko full, also to competition height.
- UCLA senior Pauline Tratz was in an Instagram Story doing a double tuck dismount off of uneven bars. Tratz has never competed on the event for the Bruins.
- Eastern Michigan sophomore Molly Parris, who missed part of last season due to injury, was training an upgraded full twisting double layout on bars on the team Instagram Story.
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!