Name: Madison Raesly-Patton
High School Graduation Year: 2022
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise||All Around|
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise|
|2020 Brestyan’s Invitational||2019 Top Gym Tournament||2019 Region 3 Regionals||2020 Brestyan’s Invitational|
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise||All Around||Rating|
*For more on our new Recruit Rating system, please take a look at our dedicated landing page.
Raesly-Patton is a two-time level 10 nationals qualifier (2018 and 2019). In 2019 she tied for silver on bars (junior C), while in 2018 she tied for sixth place on floor (junior B). In 2019 she was crowned Region 3 champion in the all around, bars and beam, and also competed internationally at the Top Gym Tournament in Charleroi, Belgium.
What She Brings to Nebraska
- Skill: Yurchenko full-on tuck off
- Results: third place at 2019 Region 3 regionals
- Margin of Improvement: Raesly-Patton’s vault is solid both in the air and on the landing. Because of all that goes on in the air, this type of vault never looks the cleanest, but it starts from a 10.0 in college and judges will appreciate some diversity.
- Impact on the Team: Nebraska is renowned for its stacked vault lineup, and Raesly-Patton will not disappoint in this regard. She will add a touch of uniqueness, though, that will be a breath of fresh air among all the standard Yurchenkos.
- Skills: Maloney to Pak salto, double layout dismount
- Results: tied second place at 2019 L10 nationals (junior C)
- Margin of Improvement: Raesly-Patton’s lines are beautiful on bars and her toe point really stands out. Her dismount is the only skill that is still a bit shaky.
- Impact on the Team: If Raesly-Patton can improve her dismount’s landing, she will easily be in contention for a lineup spot.
- Skills: front aerial to jump series, BHS + LOSO, full turn, switch leap to back tuck, BHS + BH + 1.5 twist dismount
- Results: 2019 Region 3 champion
- Margin of Improvement: Raesly-Patton’s worst enemy on beam is her nerves. Her results are a bit shaky, but when she hits, she has the potential to score high.
- Impact on the Team: Consistency is everything on beam in college, so Raesly-Patton will have to prove herself if she wants to make the lineup. Her form is on her side, though!
- Skills: double pike, 2.5 twist to front tuck, double tuck
- Results: second place at 2019 Region 3 regionals
- Margin of Improvement: Raesly-Patton competes a quite difficult routine with some intricate choreographic moves. Better landings will award her a better score. The best part of her routine is her full turn in penché, hopefully she will keep it in college!
- Impact on the Team: Nebraska lacked a solid floor lineup at the end of the 2020 season, yet now has a surplus of floor workers. Who knows what will happen by 2023? Raesly-Patton is a nice addition to the roster; with some further experience, she will challenge for a lineup spot.
READ THIS NEXT: Recruit Files: Olivia Orlando, Southern Utah
Article by Talitha Ilacqua
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!