There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
Extra year of eligibility for 2020-2021 athletes
The NCAA voted to give 2020-2021 winter athletes an extra year of eligibility. More details regarding how this impacts scholarships are expected to come.
Postseason host sites announced
The NCAA announced the regional and national competition host sites for 2023-2026. Fort Worth in Texas will continue to be the host site for the women’s gymnastics national championships for the next six years.
- Arkansas junior Abby Johnston is training a double layout bars dismount. The Nebraska transfer previously dismounted with a full twisting double back.
- Utah sophomore Jaedyn Rucker is working on a Yurchenko double on vault. Rucker did not compete in her freshman season as a Ute.
- Arizona sophomore Malia Hargrove is working on increasing her difficulty on three events, adding a new Yurchenko one and a half on vault and full twisting double backs on both bars and floor.
- Air Force posted videos from its recent team intrasquad which showcased numerous new skills and upgrades, including a round-off full on vault from junior Pixie Brock, a toe-on tuck full dismount from senior Lauren Miller and a front tuck mount from junior Brooke Bruder.
- Alaska junior Rachel Decious unveiled a tucked double Arabian dismount on bars while senior Louisa Marie Knapp is training a Ray.
READ THIS NEXT: Gymnasts in the Class of 2022 to Keep an Eye out for
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!