There’s a lot that happens on the gymternet each week. So much so that it can be hard to keep track of it all. From training updates and COVID news to recruiting rumors and coaching announcements, we don’t blame you for missing some important points here and there.
But that’s where we come in. Last Week in College Gym is your one-stop shop for all the important headlines from the previous week in college gymnastics. No matter if you’re taking a social media break, went on vacation or just don’t have the capacity to follow every single gymnast, team and fan, we have you covered.
We released our recruit ratings
- Denver senior Mia Sundstrom is training a new tumbling pass: a front layout full + front layout half + split jump + punch front + sissone + switch half + wolf jump full.
- Towson sophomore Paige Casper is training a double front into the pit.
- Hallie Thompson is back doing basic tumbling on floor. The North Carolina sophomore missed the 2020 season due to a torn ACL.
- Florida junior Trinity Thomas showed a full twisting double layout on rod floor. Her classmate Sydney Johnson-Scharpf is working a Yurchenko one and a half.
- Alabama sophomore Mati Waligora showed a Yurchenko full vault. She did not show a competitive routine in 2020.
- Arizona State’s freshmen are putting in the work this offseason. Sarah Clark is working a back handspring + layout stepout + layout stepout triple series on beam, while Emily White is training a toe-on Shaposh half on bars.
READ THIS NEXT: Underrated Recruits in the Class of 2022 That Excel on Floor
Article by the editors of College Gym News
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!