Name: Emma Brown
Previous Team: Denver
New Team: LIU
College Year: Sophomore
NCAA Career Highs
|Vault||Uneven Bars||Balance Beam||Floor Exercise|
Brown joined Denver in 2019 after an excellent level 10 career, which included five J.O. nationals appearances (2014 to 2018) and a tie for third place on bars in 2015 (Junior B). In her freshman year in 2020, she was a steady competitor on beam and floor, especially after Lynnzee Brown went down with an injury. Brown has all around potential, which she will hope to show off at LIU.
What She Brings to LIU
- Skill: Yurchenko full
- Margin of Improvement: Brown never competed vault in college. As a club gymnast, her Yurchenko full was very good.
- Impact on the Team: If healthy, Brown could make an important contribution to the lineup.
- Skills: Maloney to bail to handstand, full-in dismount
- Margin of Improvement: Brown never competed bars in college. Her club routine, however, was NCAA-ready. She had small form issues on her transitions but her execution was overall very good.
- Impact on the Team: LIU could use another strong bar set and Brown could fulfil that role well.
- Skills: front aerial to back tuck somersault, leap jump + sheep jump, side aerial, full turn, beat jump, full twist off the side of the beam
- Margin of Improvement: Brown twice scored her career high of 9.850 in her freshman year. Her routine, however, has potential to score over 9.9. Her sheep jump could be a tad more extended, but there are no evident deductions.
- Impact on the Team: LIU has recruited a lot of talented beam workers. Brown, however, with her poised routine and her NCAA experience, will have an edge. She could even anchor the lineup.
- Skills: double tuck, 1.5 twist to front layout, Rudi
- Margin of Improvement: Brown could be a bit steadier on her landings, and she may incur in some out-of-bounds deductions, as she always lands very close to the floor edge. Her routine is strong, though.
- Impact on the Team: As with beam, what Brown brings to LIU is experience, which will be needed on a team formed mostly of freshmen. She could be a solid lead-off.
READ THIS NEXT: Transfer Files: Isabelle Fox, Alaska to Illinois State
Article by Talitha Ilacqua
Like what you see? Consider donating to support our efforts throughout the year!